Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Latin American Greetings video

So I had to make a movie for my IP&T class that I could use in my classroom some day; I debated for a while what type of video I wanted to do, since my major is FACS, but my minor is Spanish teaching, and I want to teach both. I ended up deciding on doing something for my Spanish classroom, since my last project was focused on my cooking classroom. In Latin American countries, people greet each other differently than they do in the US and more Americans are a little surprised when they receive a kiss on the cheek instead of a simple, ''hello, nice to meet you.'' So I decided to create a video about greetings, and the proper way to create people south of the US border. My good friends, Amanda and Emily, were kind enough to help me...although when I told them what I needed help with, I'm sure they were wishing they didn't love me so much :D



I think this video would be beneficial to students who watch it because it compares and contrasts the different greetings that most people are accostumed to from different places around the world. This would be a good demonstration, and then offer a good practice idea for the students to be able to practice their Spanish, and also what they have learned about another culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment