Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Final Project...Finally!!!

So I was going to create a game for this final project...and then I found out that that was not the purpose of the project; the purpose isn't for us to learn a new technology so that we can show it off to our students in the classroom, but to learn a new technology so we could teach it to our students, and help them learn through this technology. So I remodified...I still wanted to do something for my Spanish class, and I still wanted it to have something to do with culture (because I think that's harder to teach than grammar and vocabulary), so I ended up doing an exploration project that would be done as a class. I pretty sure that I don't have all the kinks worked out...since I don't know very much about the timing of lessons and stuff, but I'll figure it out when I'm a teacher. For now, here's my project! This example is for the country Mexico :)

Click here for the rubric

And here's the link to see the tour

What we would do is choose a country for to study for a week or two, depending on the size of the country, and then, together as a class, we would learn about the history of the country; then I would divide the students up into groups and have them research different aspects of the culture of the country, and they would present that to the class. Finally, all together, we would use GoogleEarth to create a tour of the country for ourselves to be able to remember what we have learned about this country - ie. history, national monuments, natural beauties, etc. Doing this as a class would be helpful because this way, they don't have to go and create an account for themselves, and try to figure it out, but it would give the students an opportunity to see something new, and by watching me the first time, and then having the chance to create it after that, this would be able to help them explore new cultures, and new places.

I actually enjoyed this project; GoogleEarth drove me nuts because it was so slow, so it took forever to learn how to create a tour, but once I finally got it all figured out, I think this project turned out pretty cool; a couple of my roommmates said that they wish they could have done something like this in their HS Spanish class - it would have made it more interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment