Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FACS

Just as kind of an FYI :) FACS stands for Family and Consumer Sciences; no, it's not missing a T in there to stand for truths, and no, there's not an X at the end instead of a C and an S, so I'm not certified to teach children how to send faxes :) I am certified to teach Family and Consumer Sciences - basically, home ec :D

And the best news of all - I got a job teaching FACS :) I will work for Kearns Jr High in the Granite School District up in Salt Lake City. I get to teach foods (my favorite), teen living, and FACS exploration (its gives the students a taste of the various areas of FACS). It's only part time, but when I think of still getting to teach, and still being able to help these young teenagers learn and grow, and become better people, I'm totally ok with it being part time (at least for now).

For me, that's what teaching is all about: loving the students, helping them to love learning, and helping them prepare to be better people. I know that sounds a little bit funny, but these kids will grow up and join our community of adults, and they need to be able to contribute in a positive way. As parents, teachers, and church leaders, we get to help them reach that ultimate goal.

Ok...I know I'm a nerd, but I love teaching! I love getting to help and guide and care about other people. Just thinking about my classroom and my future students just makes me so happy and so excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment