Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Copyright Assignment

So I'm still working to understand the copyright laws...and I was looking for some videos that do and don't follow the copyright laws, and I found this really funny one taking the Taylor Swift song, "You Belong With Me", but changing the lyrics so that Jacob (the werewolf) is singing them to Bella about how she belongs with him, and not Edward. As I'm watching this video, well, first, it's hilarious; second, I think this person did a good job with the 30-sec rule - only showing clips for 30 secs at a time from different sources...but I'm not sure if a)they are allowed to change the lyrics, and keep the music, and b) if this was made for the appropriate purposes of teaching, scholarships, and research. The good news is that I did find this video under the Advanced Search section "free to use, share, or modify, even commericially" section...there's still a lot that I need to learn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment